Product of Australia
BEAUTY. HEALTH. ENVIRONMENT.
Clémence Organics was created, formulated and packaged to make a difference to your beauty, your health and to the environment. Here's why:
• Organic botanical ingredients contain a higher percentage of antioxidants, essential to fight free radical damage which can cause fine lines, wrinkles, and pigmentation. A higher percentage of vitamins and minerals have also been found in organic botanicals, the most relevant to skincare being vitamins A, C and E. All Clémence Organics products contain a minimum 95% certified organic ingredients. Preservatives and other ingredients used in commercial skincare products can undermine a product's key benefits.
• For example, it’s all very well when a face cream contains great anti-ageing ingredients, but its effectiveness can be reduced when other ingredients in the same product are counter-productive. Take parabens for example. Parabens are a commonplace skincare preservative which act as broad-spectrum antimicrobials. But they have been shown to interact with UV rays and potentially increase DNA damage and signs of ageing.
• Clémence Organics products NEVER contain preservatives or ingredients which could undermine its benefits.
• Ingredients found in commercial skincare products may be detrimental to your health. Commercial skincare products can contain a wide variety of synthetic ingredients, chemicals, artificial fragrances and preservatives. The long term use and safety of many of these ingredients is yet to be established (look at the recent Johnson & Johnson talc product law suits) and some with questionable safety are still in use e.g. formaldehyde which can be found in shampoo, soaps and nail hardeners. Formaldehyde is classified as a Group 1 carcinogen by the World Health Organisation International Agency for Research on Cancer. This means that it is a chemical known to cause cancer in humans.
• Clémence Organics products never contain ingredients which could be harmful to health (see full list of what you will NEVER find in our products on our home page). Packaging used to contain skincare products can negatively affect your health. For example, bisphenol A (BPA) hit the media a few years ago when it was found to be leaking from plastic packaging and turning up in the human body. This toxic chemical has been found to mimic oestrogen and disrupt hormone levels. Clémence Organics has carefully chosen packaging to minimise the risk of harm to health, whilst still being lightweight and suitable for travel. Products we use to cleanse and exfoliate our skin enter our environment via the waterways and can have a detrimental affect.
• Namely microbeads and water life (see ABC News), nanoparticles and marine life. Clémence Organics products do not contain any ingredients which could be detrimental to the environment. • Landfill levels are at an all-time high. To minimise this, skincare packaging should be made from recyclable materials where possible.
• Clémence Organics packaging has been chosen to maximise recyclability, with the majority of packaging being 100% recyclable. Aluminium has been chosen as the primary choice of packaging, glass as secondary and plastic as tertiary, in the order of ease of recycling according to several environmental studies.
Bridget Carmady – Founder, Clémence Organics
As a degree qualified naturopath, I have always been passionate about natural but effective ways to help people improve their health. I started my career in complementary medicine research, before running a naturopathic clinic, where I used nutrition, supplements, herbal medicine and lifestyle changes to remedy people’s health issues.
In my clinic, I started noticing that many of my clients had skincare concerns. For some it was ageing skin, for others, sensitivity, acne, eczema or rosacea. I too had skin challenges, having experienced acne in my teens, scarring in my twenties and signs of ageing in my thirties. However, my clients and I were faced with a lack of skincare products on the market that were gentle and made from natural, organic ingredients but still able to deliver powerful results and the luxurious experience of conventional high-end skincare. So, I decided to develop my own, and Clémence Organics was born.
I started off experimenting with blends, and noticed a real change in my skin. As word of mouth grew, clients came to me requesting individualised skincare formulations. A trip to southern France in 2015 cemented my resolve. I visited several well-known natural skincare companies, and realised that I offered something unique for those with an appreciation for luxury, authentic organic skincare, that truly alleviated their skincare concerns.
The product of over a decade of knowledge and experience, Clémence Organics isn’t about marketing hype or ingredients that claim to improve your skin but instead bombard it with harmful chemicals. It’s about using naturopathic principles to create nourishing, non-toxic skincare, plus a commitment to the planet’s health, through recyclable packaging and ingredients which are not harmful to the environment.
I believe you should expect more from what you put on your skin, and that it’s time to evolve to healthy, yet powerfully effective skincare. If beauty is important to you, if your health is important to you, if the environment is important to you, then Clémence Organics is for you. I can’t wait for you to try it.