Sunless Tanning Gel for Face - Medium to Dark
BEFORE YOU BEGINYou will need the following items for a flawless Chocolate Sun treatment:
~ A dry environment
~ Your favourite Chocolate Sun face or body cream
~ 3 wash clothes (2 dry, 1 wet)
~ Dark loose fitting clothing
~ A little patience
PREPARING THE ABOVE ITEMS~ Prepare a damp cloth and a dry cloth prior to starting your application. This will be used at the end of your application for the final cleaning of your hands. As you will not be able to submerge your hands in soap and water once you have applied your Chocolate Sun treatment to your hands.
~ Please shake product vigorously prior to application. Natural products will separate between uses and shaking the product will ensure the active tanning ingredient DHA is mixed back into the product.
~ Skin must be exfoliated, clean, dry and free of all products.
~ Complete all of your beauty treatments (manicure/pedicure/waxing/hair colouring) first and save your Chocolate Sun application as the final skin perfecting treatment.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE- Before beginning, shake product vigorously, as natural products will separate between uses. Shaking ensures the active ingredient needed to darken the skin, has not settled at the bottom of the product.
- Apply to clean, dry skin that is free of all products.
- Gently apply to face, neck and décolleté. The application should be similar to applying foundation. Pay close attention to blending from face to neck to décolleté. Blend into hairline to avoid lines of demarcation.
- If you have extremely light hair, avoid getting product in hair.
- Reapply every few days, or as needed.
- Wash hands and in between fingers, thoroughly after application
- Product should remain on skin a minimum of 4-5 hours.
- Do not get skin wet during development time. If liquid is splashed on skin during development time, it is best to gently blot dry affected area and then leave treatment alone to continue to develop.
- Product should be stored in cool, dry area and out of the direct sun light. Refrigerate if possible.
AFTER APPLICATION IS COMPLETE- It is best to wear loose fitting, dark clothing, while product develops.
- Your skin must remain dry for 4-5 hours. No workouts, no swimming, no showers, no bathing, or doing dishes, until application time is complete.
- If it is necessary to wash your hands before development time is complete be especially careful to not submerge hands in water and then touch your face.
- If you brush your teeth before the development process is complete, do not allow water to splash on your chin.
- Be sure to wrap a paper towel around any glass, bottle or cup that you are drinking from. Perspiration may drip and interrupt the development process. You do not need to be paranoid of water, simply be conscious of it. Water splashes on us more then we generally realise.
- For those of us with dogs, big or small, be aware that the treatment is sweet, and our furry kids like to lick it. If this happens, please scroll to the Troubleshooting portion of this information. Thank you for following our very detailed directions! If you are not completely exhausted from these directions (LOL!), and feel you need more information, please scroll below for Trouble Shooting Tips and Sunless Tanning Facts.
TROUBLE SHOOTING~ If you discover that you missed a spot or an area after your application has over developed, or you wish for a darker result over-all, you can easily reapply the product to the missed area to fix the area or darken the original application.
~ If you do not clean your hands thoroughly after application and sunless tanning product develops on unintended areas such as palms of hands or in between your fingers, you can use an emery board to gently exfoliate the mistake. This will at least lighten the area and assist in the fading process.
~ If you accidentally apply too much product and your sunless tanning results are too dark, gently exfoliate the skin with appropriate face or body scrub. This will assist the fading process and lightening of the sunless tan.
SUNLESS TANNING FACTS~ Keeping your skin moisturised after your sunless tan has developed, helps extends the life of your tan and assists the tan in fading evenly.
~ Your sunless tan will lighten daily as your skin goes through a natural exfoliation process.
~ Because facial skin is continually exposed to the environmental elements such as pollution, varying weather conditions and free radicals, it is typical for the sunless tan on your face, to fade more quickly than a sunless tan on your body.
~ Your sunless tan will fade more quickly if you are using anti-ageing or exfoliating products in your daily beauty routine. Specifically, products like Retnin A can be drying and cause your skin to become flakey during treatment. A sunless tanning product will not work well in conjunction with this type of product.
~ Hormonal changes brought on by menstruation, use of certain medications, diet or stress can cause sunless tanning products to be less effective. Occasionally, these hormonal changes may prevent the development of the sunless tanning product all- together. Don’t despair just reapply.
~ Avoiding excessive exposure to the sun is the most affective way to maintain healthy, youthful looking skin.
~ Always wear sunscreen; a sunless tan will NOT protect your skin from sun and environmental damages and burns.
- Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera gel)*, Aqua (Distilled Water), Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel), Dihydroxyacetone (DHA, derived from sugar beets), Mica (natural colouring agent), Citrus Smensis (Sweet Orange Oil)*, Glucone Delta Lactone, Sodium Benzoate, Calcium Gluconate (natural food grade preservative combination).
* Certified Organic
90% organic ingredients
- Medium to Dark - for medium to dark skin tones
A 100% Natural & organic sunless tanning gel – that also conditions your skin!This is an aloe-based tanning gel made with Chocolate Sun’s own blend of botanicals and herbs specially chosen for their soothing effect on delicate facial skin. The active tanning agent is DHA derived from sugar beet, which gives your skin a subtle tanned glow – with no orange tint! The formulation also contains anti-oxidants, vitamins and essential oils that condition your skin. It has a subtle citrus scent.
Cocoa Illume is best on medium to dark skin or for those who prefer more colour. It leaves you with an all natural suntanned appearance. Best for normal to oily skin. Because this product is formulated with aloe, it will feel cool to the skin when applied and you may experience a temporary tightening effect as it dries.
Colour develops gradually, in 4-5 hours, just as a natural tan does, but without the damage caused by UV ray exposure to the sun. For a lighter or more subtle tan use Cocoa Ilume Lite.
KEY INGREDIENTS• Dihydroxyacetone (DHA), derived from sugar beet
• Coconut oil
• Aloe Vera
90% certified organic ingredients
Never tested on animals.
Free of parabens, all harsh chemicals, and animal products
Made in USA